Thursday, February 28, 2013







Anonymous AJ said...
Hey Lina (and everyone else as she maybe too busy to respond). I am in need of serious help. I am 100lbs OVERweight. College and a bad breakup caused depression, which caused weight gain. I need to get this weight off NOW...but have no idea where to start. Please help. I am dying...literally from all this weight. Please...any advice would be thankful.

AJ! 
FIRST, you must get a scale.  weigh yourself every morning and night naked.  You have to know where you are at all times.  When the scale drops it will inspire you.  Look at the scale as a positive thing, it is your gage.
Eating - whenever I go hard, I eat fresh foods.  Eat things that your body can burn naturally. 
Fruits and Vegetables
Stay away from fruit with lots of sugar, for now.  
What I highly recommend, if you are dead serious.......go balls to the wall for six days.  
Breakfast - fresh green juice and or both fruit or hard boiled egg
water raw almonds
Lunch - Salad Clean with Balsamic add tuna or fish or chicken
lemon water water water
Dinner - Steamed Vegetables and Fish or Eggs
do not eat anything white     drink coffee black     snack on a Lara Bar if you have a sweet tooth     no alcohol
If you get hungry and need to eat, eat more raw.  Have steamed veggies in a conatiner to snack on or an apple, takes small bits and make it last.
take Tylenol Pm if it gets rough     get use to being hungry     shrink your mind about food
If you do this for a week, you will see a dramatic drop on your scale AND that will give you the biggest push of motivation you need.  
Then you can move on to the next step.  No pain, no gain.  Skinny ain't free.  It is discipline and discipline is dammmmm SEXY.
All my love and support.
XO Lina 

14 comments:

Izzy said...

Lina. Thank you for helping AJ. I love seeing you helping over. It hard being skinny. It hard to stay away from food.

Anonymous said...

omg, i love her.

Anonymous said...

Lina, you are inspiring. I would also like to tel AJ that the good news is that with 100 lbs to lose, a lot of that initial weight will seem like it will be falling off at first with proper exercise and diet. Because a lot of it is Water weight and such. But once your body gets to a certain point, it will plateau and you will feel like you are stuck. That is when you should switch to something else cardio wise. Running is great. Or swimming. And diet is key. You gotta watch what you eat. I agree with Lina fresh is best. It's ok to fall of the wagon once in awhile but get back on it asap. You will feel great in no time!

AJ said...

OMG!!! Thank you Lina soooo much. Words can not begin to express how grateful I am for your time and response. I will follow your suggestions as well as the suggestions of the others that have provided input. I adore you. I can do this..

You are beyond awesome!

Thanks again!!! I'll keep you guys posted.

ji said...

you da best lina

Anonymous said...

This is when I adore this girl/Lina. You have such ability to inspire people and can truly do good. This is when you are at your best, the other is hit and miss, but from a longtime reader and not always a fan, it's very cool that you took the time to be honest and inspire this person. Job well done! and good luck to the reader.

Laurie said...

AJ,
It is wonderful that you are ready to commit to your health but PLEASE get a second and even third opinion before you follow this plan. If you cut your calories so drastically immediately I guarantee that you will absolutely destroy your metabolism and in the long run it will make it harder to lose the weight and keep the weight from creeping back on. The most important thing to realize is that food is NOT your enemy, it is your best friend for weight loss. I highly suggest you consult a nutritionist (many gyms offer free consultations) and talk to your doctor briefly about your plan to lose weight because there are incredibly dangerous risks to losing a drastic amount of weight fast like heart defects and bone density loss which cause misery that far outweighs the pleasure of feeling skinny. My advice to you is to look at the forest not the trees. I know how badly you want to see the number on the scale drop for that instant gratification (I've been there too many times) but if you want lasting health and strength, slow and steady is your best bet. AJ, I know it's hard to believe people when they say they understand your depression, but I feel like even through one short comment I can feel your pain and I would love to help you in any way I can. I've been dealing with a chronic illness for the last 9 years and I've been bedridden for most of the last 5 years. I'm only 22 and I experience symptoms that most people don't see until they are in their 60's so I know how overwhelming depression can be. But I've also spent the last 5 years studying nutrition and wellness and it terrifies me to think about you entering this process ill informed. I mean no offense but even though Lina is beautiful and skinny and has many tips to offer, loosing 100 pounds requires the guidance of a professional in a nutrition field- not a professional make up artist. Lina, please understand that I mean no harm to you, I am just incredibly passionate about health and have taken a particular interest here. I hope this reaches you AJ. I'll be sending you my love!

Anonymous said...

You are so honest about weight loss and weight management Lina. I love your blog because you don't sugar coat the fact that it is a constant struggle.
It's not easy being thin, but it is worth it.

Anonymous said...

To Lina and all, what do you do for your thighs?! Its killing me, I tried cycling and stair climber (just like Lina) but they haven't gotten slimmer..Don't get me wrong, they've gotten more toned but not smaller!!!! Pleas help! I diet like Lina btw. Maybe I need to eat even less?! Ugh thanks all in advance <3

My tummy bloats so goss haha

Anonymous said...

To the last anon, sometimes exercise and diet cannot change genetics. embrace them thighs gurrl! toned thighs r sexy anyways.

Anonymous said...

so cool of lina to take the time to give you some advice! and above all else, hopefully, it strengthens your motivations, Good Luck!

to anony looking for thigh advice..look into tracy anderson..there is a butt and thigh webisode on youtube that will have you BURNING. i have definitely noticed a difference. she is fantastic when it comes to toning without bulking.


love lina and all of you too! Hope you all have a great weekend :)

Anonymous said...

LINA,this is so sweet of you to take time and write this out for AJ AND EVERYONE. thanks doll XXX

Anonymous said...

LINA is my hero!!! my boyfriend comes to visit me in 10 days and even though ive been losing weight consistently, im going BALLS to the WALL for the 7 days before he gets here.

Skinny ain't free

lénah said...

you are amazing !!!