Friday, August 27, 2010

My First Love


I worked for MAC back in the day, like 10 years ago. It was the shit, I learned everything about color, pigment and product. Which is sooooo important, you have to know the products you are working with. To me, it was the best schooling because they gave me the foundation and knowledge I needed. MAC was so serious about the art, that the basics covered everything you can think of and just to be hired then, you had to be GOOD period. Then they loaded you up with their vision and expectations. The craft aspect, was up to me. If and when I write a book..... understand your clients features, manipulate features to maximize or minimize, and remember...all woman want to be sexy.

Thank you Monique (Artist Relations) and MAC for your continued support.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are deep!

Bre said...

I couldn't agree more. I learned more from M.A.C. than I ever did at school. Great post!

R said...

Lina - really looking into getting into the art of makeup. I have always had a passion for the beauty industry and your blog has inspired me to "do what i love". I would love any advice for someone just starting out! Where to go, where to take classes etc. THANKS!!! keep it all upp - you are an inspiration!